Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Activities ~ Days 18 and 19

"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in they womb, and bring forth a Son, and shalt call his Name Jesus"
Luke 1: 31
 

Day 18:  Paper Snowflakes!
 
Traditional, Old fashion, and simple activity!
 
Day 19:  Enjoying a Night Drive!
 
Growing up my family had a few memorable traditions and this was definitely one of them.  Ohhh,  the fond memories  of my father driving through Christmas Tree Lane while my mom, sisters, and I stared, laughed, 'ooohed' and 'aahhed' out of the windows.  Traditions like these are the strong ones that I truly want to pass onto my little guy. 
 
Now, it's our turn.  Strong memories into action. 
 
Stumbling upon decorative houses with lights all around was the best "free" thing a family could or (within my opinion) should do together.  I write that because it is such a lovely experience.  The incredible feelings that comes over one when witnessing ones child becomes super excited about the sparkles, bright lights, characters, and Christmas feel of the entire experience!  The incredible huge smile on my sons face that followed along with the squeals and laughter. 
 
Totally reminds me of 'that' MasterCard commercial... Buying an Easy already prepared dinner ~ $10.  Driving Around (and around in circle all for the purpose of being able to see every single house) ~ a tank of gas..... Observing and taking in my sons reaction towards everything ~ Absolutely Priceless!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment