Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Activities ~ Days 11 and 12



"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
 
Isaiah 9:6
 

Finding any space whatsoever in our current living area has been and still is somewhat of a struggle, especially during this time of year.  Our little house is somewhat cramped... our 'new' reality.  (For the time being, of-course.)  With that, I had to improvise in terms of where in the world I was going to put Christmas decorations. 
 
Furthermore, I taped some ribbon on our kitchen cabinets with painters tape...attached the cards with a clothes pin.  Looking at the pictures you will notice that I didn't paint the pins...that was because I needed them for a different project.  I suggest painting them according to the color pattern of whatever ribbon who have selected.
 



 


 
Day 11:  Enjoying some Christmas Music
 
I admit it!! I am VERY rusty and not at all good at one of things that I enjoy doing ~ and that is playing the piano.  Some people are blessed with this particular talent so much so that beautiful music seem to flow gracefully in the air as they play.  Ever heard of such talent?  Well, not in my house!  That is for sure!!  I play on an 80 plus year old, falling apart, brown upright that is just begging for retirement.  Why don't I just give in and allow that to happen?!  I was given the sentimental gift from one of my favorite people in the world ~ my Great Grandmother!! 
 
My Great Grandmother was an inspiration of sorts.  Her strong faith was demonstrated throughout her life within the various things that she has done, accomplished, and focused on.  Majority of my family members remember her laughter, smile, and of-course, her wonderful home-style cooking.  You know, the kind that would just clog any grease loving artery within ones body!  Oh!! Was the food delicious!!!  My stomach is rumbling just the thought of her biscuits and gravy or better yet, her chicken and dumplings!! Oh my WORD...the dumplings!!
 
So, yes!! With all of the memories that flow from the black and white keys of that old piano...memories flourish around.  I can just sit, close my eyes...and remember exactly where it was placed in her small home and just smile. 
 
Hopefully, one day, my son will enjoy some of the same memories as I play and teach him. 
 
Day 12:  'I Spy: Christmas'
 
My son enjoyed this book very much!!  Although, on some of the pages it was even a little difficult for myself in order to find all of the items.  Thankful that the purpose for this was just to spend some time together with my little guy.  I believe that 'I Spy' books are great for the cognitive mindset.  It intrigues the mind with thought in order to find the necessary picture.  Simple fun!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment